Episode 18: Promised Land
Ray and Steve kick off 2024 with a bang as they take on the 1994 classic Queensryche album, Promised Land! The album found the band facing a changing musical landscape as metal was dying and grunge was taking over. How did they respond? How does Promised Land hold up in 1994’s changing world?
The guys discuss:
- their personal histories with the album
- the usual track-by-track breakdown and analysis
- ranking the songs from 11 -1
- ranking the album vs the others that have been reviewed on the show
- the record release party that appeared on Headbanger’s Ball
- the Road to the Promised Land tour
Plus, plenty of discussion on feedback from callers Brian Heaton, Jim from Irwin, and new caller Mike! There’s also more talk on the Origins tour, Ray’s recent experience seeing Empire: The Queensryche Experience tribute band, and much more!
Check out tribute band Empire: The Queensryche Experience at www.empiretqe.com
Join Ray and Steve as they discuss:
We’d love for you to subscribe to the show on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon, or wherever you get your podcasts. Also, rate, like, and review!
Email the show at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I Remember Now: The Queensrÿche Podcast is part of The Less Desirables Podcast Network.
Leave a message on the TLD Network Hotline at 336-422-NUMB (6862). Be sure to indicate which network show you’re calling about.